How can we help you today?
Start a new topic

Snom 320 RFC 7463

I am trying to get the "shared appearance" feature to work on my snom 320.  I am connecting these via a VoIP softswitch (miniSipServer).  I have already confirmed with the softswitch developers that their product DOES support this feature (RFC 7463).

I have looked through all of the blogs/forums I could find and it looks like the snom 320 should be able to do this.

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, here is what I am trying to do.  I want to have multiple phones (currently testing with only two) to have the same phone number extension.  For example, I want two phones on two different desks to both ring when I dial "100".  The way I have accomplished this so far is to simply put an "identity" on each phone with the phone number of 100.  This works great.  I can dial "100" and both phones ring and both phones' lcd "lamps" are flashing to indicate an incomng call.  I can also answer each phone and it works fine.

That is where my success ends.  As soon as I answer the call on "phone A", all indications of an active call are gone on "phone B".  In reading the info on shared appearance and BLF, I should see the indiaction on "Phone B" that there is a current call on 100.

I have also seen varying documentation on how I am supposed to configure the function keys for shared lines.  Am I supposed to set them as an identity or active.  Also, am I supposed to set the type to Line, Presence, BLF, Shared Line, Extension, etc?  Like I said, I have seen different explanations telling me to do it differently.  I have tried every possible combination that I can think of.

Thank you in advance for help on this issue.

Hello Billy,

RFC7463 isn't natively supported on the phones, but what I can see from the RFC this mechanism is based on dialog-info+xml SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY.

So should be possible to implement it using the XML definitions.

I'm moving this topic into the feature request.

Hello

The state of two phones, that control each other, can made done with actionurl and minibrowser.

Network
1. A lokal Webserver with some snom XML (comes later)

SNOM
1. 6 Action URL events for switching LEDs on others phone...

...its not necessary to put in: "http://" or "https://".

A single URL from snom1 to snom2 looks like this:

"snom2/minibrowser.htm?url=192.168.178.9/led6_blinkfast.xml"

The ip is the webserver.

And now the XML

led6_blinkfast.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SnomIPPhoneText>
<fetch mil="1500">snom://mb_exit</fetch>
<led number="6">blinkfast</led>
<text></text>
</SnomIPPhoneText>

led6_blinkslow.xml