How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Snom D715 unregistered

We have Snom D715 phones and have noticed that they randomly go into an unregistered state, forcing the user to log off and back on again.  The environment is Lync 2013 the phones are running firmware 8.8.3.27.  It seems to happen more often if the phone is not used for a long period of time.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

Best Answer
Hello Jeff, Hello Jason,

please note, we are currently not aware of a known issue that might explain the reported symptoms. But,

@Jeff: can you please review this http://skype4b.uk/2015/10/07/skype-for-business-5-minute-admin-snom-300-uc-edition/ and see if and how it maybe fits to your environment (mutliple SRV records without priority/weight) ?

@Jason: you state: "all of our phones will unregister at the same time" - sounds like a network, firewall or server side issue as the phones are not synchronized. Please carefully monitor your network, firewall logs and the server.

In addition I like to recommend you to try collecting the most comprehensive diagnostic from the phone perspective and submit it here. Please do the following:

To get the most complete input for analyzing your case please collect SYSLOG, SIP-Trace, PCAP from one phone during a reproduction of the issue! Here is how USB key/stick logging works:

Before preparing the USB key/stick and plugging it into the phone, please follow these steps to configure the phone first:
1) Via the phone webinterface navigate to Status / Log, and increase the Log Level to 9 DEBUG2 and click Apply
2) Navigate to the Debug section under Setup / Advanced / Network. Here, please make sure the “SIP Trace:” and “SIP Trace for REGISTER/SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY:” options are set to ON. (if not, please correct it to on and click Apply & Save)
3) On the tab QoS/Security navigate to section “USB Storage” and set the following options to on:

Allow Syslog Trace
Allow SIP Trace
Allow PCAP Trace
(Please do not set an AES Pass Phrase! It would encrypt the USB flash with AES additionally, in your controlled reproduction a very optional security feature)

4) Finally click Apply & Save.

5) On your PC Windows Explorer please format your USB key/stick (quick format, device standards) if not already formatted.
6) Copy the attached files on the USB key/stick. (The files are empty, - it is just the file name & extension needed on the USB flash to signal “record here” to the phone.)

7) Now with phone and USB prepared, please plug the USB key / stick into the phone. The right display button should show a lower case i icon (info) if the USB is detected. Please press it and check the related message detail (should be: USB Disk Connected). Navigate back to idle screen to start the reproduction attempt(s).

Important: after the issue occurred / was reproduced , please don’t just unplug the USB stick/key! Instead:

On the phone, open the menu and navigate to Maintenance and select the option: “Unmount USB disk”.

After this, you can remove the USB stick/key from the phone and check its content on your PC. You should find 3 new files (packets…, siptrace.., syslog…). Please submit such files to us (e.g. packed in a single ZIP file).

Thanks a lot for your comprehension and cooperation! We are looking forward to your feedback!

Thanks and greetings from Berlin,
Jan
zip
(418 Bytes)

1 person has this question

We have been unable to resolve this issue.  

Hello Jeff, Hello Jason,

is it reproduce-able with the UC Edition Update September 2015: 8.8.3.32 ?

Jan

Yes we see the issue on phones running 8.8.3.32.  Our issue may be slightly different because all of our phones will unregister at the same time and then 3-8 seconds later register automatically.  If some one is in a call they will disconnect. 

Answer
Hello Jeff, Hello Jason,

please note, we are currently not aware of a known issue that might explain the reported symptoms. But,

@Jeff: can you please review this http://skype4b.uk/2015/10/07/skype-for-business-5-minute-admin-snom-300-uc-edition/ and see if and how it maybe fits to your environment (mutliple SRV records without priority/weight) ?

@Jason: you state: "all of our phones will unregister at the same time" - sounds like a network, firewall or server side issue as the phones are not synchronized. Please carefully monitor your network, firewall logs and the server.

In addition I like to recommend you to try collecting the most comprehensive diagnostic from the phone perspective and submit it here. Please do the following:

To get the most complete input for analyzing your case please collect SYSLOG, SIP-Trace, PCAP from one phone during a reproduction of the issue! Here is how USB key/stick logging works:

Before preparing the USB key/stick and plugging it into the phone, please follow these steps to configure the phone first:
1) Via the phone webinterface navigate to Status / Log, and increase the Log Level to 9 DEBUG2 and click Apply
2) Navigate to the Debug section under Setup / Advanced / Network. Here, please make sure the “SIP Trace:” and “SIP Trace for REGISTER/SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY:” options are set to ON. (if not, please correct it to on and click Apply & Save)
3) On the tab QoS/Security navigate to section “USB Storage” and set the following options to on:

Allow Syslog Trace
Allow SIP Trace
Allow PCAP Trace
(Please do not set an AES Pass Phrase! It would encrypt the USB flash with AES additionally, in your controlled reproduction a very optional security feature)

4) Finally click Apply & Save.

5) On your PC Windows Explorer please format your USB key/stick (quick format, device standards) if not already formatted.
6) Copy the attached files on the USB key/stick. (The files are empty, - it is just the file name & extension needed on the USB flash to signal “record here” to the phone.)

7) Now with phone and USB prepared, please plug the USB key / stick into the phone. The right display button should show a lower case i icon (info) if the USB is detected. Please press it and check the related message detail (should be: USB Disk Connected). Navigate back to idle screen to start the reproduction attempt(s).

Important: after the issue occurred / was reproduced , please don’t just unplug the USB stick/key! Instead:

On the phone, open the menu and navigate to Maintenance and select the option: “Unmount USB disk”.

After this, you can remove the USB stick/key from the phone and check its content on your PC. You should find 3 new files (packets…, siptrace.., syslog…). Please submit such files to us (e.g. packed in a single ZIP file).

Thanks a lot for your comprehension and cooperation! We are looking forward to your feedback!

Jan
zip
(418 Bytes)

I believe I've tried the latest firmware, but I'll need to confirm.  We do have 2 srv records with priority and weight (0 & 10).  It would be difficult to run debug because its very intermittent.  I will note that it does seem to be more common for the Domain Admins / CSAdmins

I have started deploying 8.8.3.32 UC.  I will post here if the issue continues.

Thanks

Login or Signup to post a comment