How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Factory Settings

Hello, I have three IP phones; SNOM 300, SNOM 320 and SNOM 370 and I want to reset to factory settings as I no longer have passwords. Your website suggest keypad *VolUp*VolDown# but this has no effect (it seems a strange combination). What am I doing wrong or is there a better way to reset?

Best Answer
I would suggest in this case to try resetting the phones via tftp update.

BR

I have a 300 and I have TFTP from 7.x to 8.7.5.17, still I am getting the same 'Wrong password' both on the phone and on HTTP, the FW upgrade went fine so its not corrupted or didn't finish, what else can I try ?

The TFTP update misses the fact that the passwords won't reset if auto provisioning is available. I had to disconnect my network from the Internet before I was able to carry out the TFTP update and gain access to the phone's web interface. I was able to reconfigure the phone at this point.

However, on rebooting the phone after the network was reconnected to the Internet, the username/password restrictions on the web interface were back again. The new configuratiin seems to have stuck though.

It looks like you have to have the MAC Address of the phone removed from Snom's provisioning server(s) for a complete factory reset.

Answer
I would suggest in this case to try resetting the phones via tftp update.

BR

I think the phone is redirected/provisioned!

Could you post the MAC Address to check it!

BR

Login or Signup to post a comment