How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

SNOM 870 - INBAND DTMF

I have a V12.5 3CX Phone System Solution with Yealink and Snom 870 phones at one of my clients, with a Pantel Door IP Phone for visitors and opening the front gate.

When the visitor rings the door phone the call is sent to the extensions. On answering, the number 8 is pressed to open the gate to let the visitor in. On the Yealink, I can only get this working when changing the "DTMF Type" setting on the phone to INBAND. The SNOM 870 phones do not have an option to use INBAND, only "DTMF via SIP INFO" on or off. Setting any of these options does not work and pressing 8 does not open the gate.

The 3CX Phone System PBX will propagate the DTMF tones as it receives them, it does not generate the DTMF tones. With that in mind is there a setting that you can enable on the SNOM 870 in order to send inband DTMF tones to the PBX.

Best Answer

Hi Wyatt,

you should remove the 'telephone-event' from the codec list (Identity -> RTP -> Codec).

Hope it helps

Answer

Hi Wyatt,

you should remove the 'telephone-event' from the codec list (Identity -> RTP -> Codec).

Hope it helps

Thank you,

I had the same problem but with every interactive menu call numbers.

Once i've changed this setting, everything went in place !

Thanks

Have a wonderful day

Thank you Pietro.

I tried that but it did not help it seems, still unable to get this working. Anything else you can perhaps think of?

Thank You.

Login or Signup to post a comment