How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Subscriptions failing after time since upgrade to 8.7.5.28

Hi,

I am running 4x Snom 760 desk phones in my office (and may more in various other locations), and I have been waiting for the new firmware for some time to fix a bug I reported a while ago. I upgraded my phones here to the new firmware yesterday and was happy to see my bug had been fixed *yay*.

However, I believe I have now found a new one. I have rolled 3 of the desk phones back to 8.7.5.17 as it is working fine there, and it has resolved the issue for now, but I have the old bug back (date is not adhering to time offset - its not a major but annoying all the same).

**The Issue**

BLF subscriptions seem to stop and disappear after a couple of hours after the phone has booted. I monitor a few extensions and call flow groups from my phone so the BLF buttons are important to me. If I reboot the phone, all works fine for a couple of hours then the BLFs go dark and stop working.

Looking at subscriptions from the web UI of the phone, I can see initially all the subscriptions for each of the BLF buttons (and asterisk is reporting watchers correctly on the hints), then after a couple of hours the subscriptions vanish and I am only left with the 'message summary' subscription.

I have found a line like the following in the logs of the phone for each of the BLF buttons when it fails:

Oct 7 10:18:08 [DEBUG0] SIP: refresh subscription 4 in 30 sec
Oct 7 10:18:08 [DEBUG0] SIP: Use Connection udp:192.168.110.51:5060 for packet 1000211
Oct 7 10:18:08 [DEBUG0] SIP: send SUBSCRIBE (5: 3134343431363236393031323537-8tgriax7fmk6) -> udp:192.168.110.51:5060
Oct 7 10:18:08 [DEBUG0] PHN: apply_value: fkey_context = 'active', set.need_apply: 0, finished: 1, need reboot to apply: 0

I have changed nothing in my configuration of the phones and the PBX before or since upgrading the phones. As stated above, I have rolled 3 of the phones back to the previous version of firmware and they are find again. The phone on my desk (left at 8.7.5.28) still shows this problem.

If there is anything specific you would like me to do to help debug this please just let me know.

Thanks,

Best Answer
Hello @all and thanks for your reports & diagnostic info!

Please note that its expected our (publish in progress) November Full Release 8.7.5.35 is solving the issue, please see: http://wiki.snom.com/Firmware/V8/Release_Notes/8.7.5.35

Topic relates to: SCPP-6579 FIX: Dialing & subscribing of alphanumerical numbers (values that begin with a letter) in general was broken (via phone- and web- userinterface), e.g phone subscribed to @p123 (or speed dialed just: INVITE sip:p123 if only p123 was entered or provisioned or phone performed an DNS query on the alphanumeric name.

Your feedback regarding 8.7.5.35 in this context focus here, is very welcome! Other feedback is welcome too, of course - but please open a separat topic if not related to the one here.

Please have some patience regarding the publishing process of the 8.7.5.35 release (Release Notes, Wiki Current FW link update, FW Wizard, etc. are in the works).

Thanks and greetings from Berlin,

Jan

Hi David,

Good to know! I will set up my phone with this now and see how it goes!

My subscriptions are failing after 1 hour when the BLF registration time runs out.

I have noticed on previous version of the firmware, that if the asterisk server was restarted for any reason, or the phone lost contact with the hints on the PBX then they would not re-register themselves again unless the phone was restarted. This might tie into the problem I am seeing now.. but not really sure on that! Maybe your fix will solve that problem as well!

Cheers!

Thanks Jordan for reporting,

I'm opening a ticket so we can analyse the issue in deep.

Best regards,

Answer
Hello @all and thanks for your reports & diagnostic info!

Please note that its expected our (publish in progress) November Full Release 8.7.5.35 is solving the issue, please see: http://wiki.snom.com/Firmware/V8/Release_Notes/8.7.5.35

Topic relates to: SCPP-6579 FIX: Dialing & subscribing of alphanumerical numbers (values that begin with a letter) in general was broken (via phone- and web- userinterface), e.g phone subscribed to @p123 (or speed dialed just: INVITE sip:p123 if only p123 was entered or provisioned or phone performed an DNS query on the alphanumeric name.

Your feedback regarding 8.7.5.35 in this context focus here, is very welcome! Other feedback is welcome too, of course - but please open a separat topic if not related to the one here.

Please have some patience regarding the publishing process of the 8.7.5.35 release (Release Notes, Wiki Current FW link update, FW Wizard, etc. are in the works).

Thanks and greetings from Berlin,

Jan

Hi David,

Just posting for your information, and anyone else who is having the same problems..

Your workaround is working well. I set this up yesterday, and my phone still has its BLF subscriptions. 

Thanks for the tip!

Just some further information on this issue.

I have my phones here setup to fetch their provisioning profile from my PBX once an hour. It seems that this action is somehow causing the Subscriptions for the BLF buttons to fail and disappear. I have just proven this by restarting my phone and watching what happens an hour later, and I can confirm as soon as the phone refetches is provisioning profile the BLF buttons go dark.

We are encountering the exact same problem on BLF's on 8.7.5.28

What is the resolution on this?  Is there a patch?

Hi David,

I have been working with Pietro to try and see what is causing this problem. So far I have not received a fix for this yet!

Do you have your phones setup to fetch the provisioning files after a period of time?

How long is it before you see the BLF registrations disappear?

No, the phones are not regularly obtaining provisioning files.  The BLF fails after about 3 or 4 hours.

We did just find another clue:  If we represent the number as a full SIP URL it seems to fix the problem (at least for now)

Example:

Monitored Extension "Number"  300   -  will lose its BLF after a while

However if we represent it as "sip:300@ourswitch.ouyours.com;user=phone"  it seems to correct the problem

This just surfaced and was not in 8.7.5.17

Login or Signup to post a comment